Best teaching practices and students’ needs are always evolving as technology and society continues to evolve. One great way to help educators stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve on these changes is professional development. This kind of continuing education is essential to the needs of both students and teachers. Read on to learn more about the importance of professional development training for teachers. Training Source One is a nationally accredited concierge professional development training organization servicing the Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties. We offer a wide array of professional development training, technical assistance, and support services to organizations with our signature touch. Not only is it impactful when leaders empower their staff, it is key when they put them in position to take control of their roles through professional development training. Check out our “Train The Trainer” program and call Training Source One today!
Why Teachers Need Professional Development Training
Professional development may sound like a vague term and can be referring to a range of things. For educators, professional development can be a wide array of methods, such as:
- Teaching conference or seminars
- Meetings with colleagues for the purpose of discussing issues and creating solutions
- In-depth workshops
- Learning hands-on applications of new techniques at teacher retreats
- Online workshops or courses
- Graduate level courses
- Individual research or study
No matter what the method is, the goal is basically the same- giving teachers the tools to continuously better their skills in order to better teach their students.
Check Out Our “Train the Trainer” Program!
Educators aren’t the only ones who benefit from professional development. The United States’ Institute of Education Sciences released a study finding that in students who had a teacher participating in professional development, academic achievement rose by more than a fifth in percentage points. Here are just a few of the ways that professional development can assist with:
- Skills can always be improved, and teaching is a skill. Professional development offers educators the opportunity to sharpen their skill sets via many avenues, such as attending workshops or receiving feedback from other teachers in a community of learners.
- Professional development lets teachers stay ahead of the curve in many areas:
- New classroom technologies are always being devised, an teachers should learn how to use them
- Job markets and fields of study are evolving constantly, and teachers need to keep their knowledge up-to-date to keep their curricula current. Current research on the social-emotional learning of students is crucial for teachers to thoroughly comprehend.
- Teachers need to strive and take advantage of our growing understanding of how children learn and their brain development.
- Educators may be able to learn how to manage work time better when away from students
- Teacher professional development can give educators a break from routine, allowing the educator to switch focus for a while and return later to teaching with a fresh outlook. This is key to teacher self-care.
Contact Us Today
Professional development training is crucial for educators to continue to learn, grow, and service their students to the best of their ability. Training Source One provides “Train The Trainer” programs in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties. Call Training Source One to find out more today!